Rice Engineering Alumni (REA) is the oldest alumni affinity group at Rice and strives to sustain and improve upon the Engineering experience for both students and alumni. Our mission is to support, honor, and connect Rice Engineers before and after graduation.
Please consider donating to help REA reach its goal of fundraising at least $20,000. And if this goal is reached… the REA Board of Directors has committed to matching another $10,000+ on top!
Gifts to REA have a direct impact on Engineering students and alumni (check out our Annual Report
). Generous support from individual sponsors is critical to sustaining and enhancing our:
- Summer Engineering Experience (REA-SEE), a summer internship program that places diverse engineering students at relevant, pre-selected companies and provides financial stipends to support them through their internship—therefore reducing barriers that students face in acquiring their first professional experiences. REA-SEE is proud to have placed 2 students at Blade Energy Partners in 2021 and is thrilled to be placing as many as 10 students at 7+ companies this coming summer.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives—including but not limited to the Summer Engineering Experience above—aimed at promoting the success and retention of diverse engineering students at Rice
- Annual awards and grants to outstanding students
- Sponsorship of on-campus engineering clubs and student projects such as OwlSpark, Students for the Exploration of Space’s OwlSat cube satellite, and teams in the OEDK
- Sponsorship of capital projects such as the renovation of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering undergraduate teaching labs, refurbishment of the Mechancial Engineering Department’s Internal Combustion Lab, and installation of a carbon-fiber 3D-printer for the Maker Bar in the OEDK
- Events (e.g., Re-Engineer Your Career, REA Winter Social, REA Spring Picnic) that connect alumni and students together in both social and career-related contexts
Please help get us to the finish line and support current and future generations of Rice Engineers by donating to REA.
Please contact Rushi Bhalani (REA Sponsorship Committee Chair) for questions or more information at email@example.com